Brodnica is a town in the Kuyavian-Pomeranian Voivodeship. Remarkable for its architecture and mysterious atmosphere, ruins of the 14th century Teutonic Castle constitutes a major draw for visitors for the town of Brodnica. Besides the castle, also of interest are the remains of mediaeval walls and baroque granaries from the 17th century. The region around the town is rich in lakes and forests, which allows for various recreational activities.
Brodnica is an interesting listed town. While in here you ought to visit a gothic church of St. Catherine from the end of the 13th century, ruins of the 14th century Teutonic Castle, a fragment of the town hall from the late 14th century, the remains of mediaeval walls from the 14th and 15th centuries as well as baroque granaries from the 17th century.
Brodnica is a town and seat of the county in the Kuyavian-Pomeranian Voivodeship, by the Drweca river. It has the population of 27,731. There is a country road no. 15 running through Brodnica (Olsztyn-Ostroda-Brodnica-Torun-Gniezno-Krotoszyn-Trzebnica-Wroclaw). The town has also a good road connection with Sierpc (voivodeship road no. 560), Jablonowo Pomorskie (voivodeship road no. 543) and Dzialdowo (voivodeship road no. 544). Moreover, there are trains going from Brodnica to Grudziadz, Jablonowo Pomorskie, Bydgoszcz, Laskowice Pomorskie, Warsaw and Krakow.
The first records about Brodnica are from the second half of the 13th century. In 1303 this region became a property of the Teutonic Order and two years later a building of the castle began.