Budzyn is a village in the Greater Poland Voivodeship, 13 km from Chodziez and 65 km from Poznan. The place is an ideal destination for everyone who is tired of hustle and bustle of the big city and would like to rest and relax in the open air.
Budzyn is a rural commune; farmlands constitute as much as 58.9% of its area. Local people breed pigs, cattle, sheep, goats and fowls. Every year Budzyn’s stadium holds a harvest festival. While in Budzyn you ought to see: the Partlak windmill, the President’s stone, the neo-Renaissance church of St. Barbara from 1849, the church of St. Andrew Bobola from 1881 as well as the Okręglik hill with the statue of St. Mary.
Budzyn is a village and seat of the commune in the Greater Poland Voivodeship, Chodziez County. It is situated approximately 13 km from the county capital, Chodziez.
The first records about Budzyn are from the half of the 15th century. It was given the town rights already before 1458, during the reigns of Casimir IV Jagiellon. In 1641 the rights were given again to Budzyn by Wladyslaw IV Vasa. In 1774 Budzyn was unlawfully annexed to the Kingdom of Prussia. Despite germanisation processes, Poles constituted a great majority in Budzyn. On 5 January 1919 insurgents from the neighbouring town of Rogozno Wielkopolskie forced Prussian authorities to resign. Bu... ( more >>)