Poland

Kolbaskowo

Kolbaskowo is a small tourist resort in the Western-Pomeranian Voivodeship, and can be visited when travelling to Szczecin. The village has a special microclimate that provides ideal conditions for rest and relaxation and a beautiful nature of this region encourages visitors to spend time outdoors.

 

Kolbaskowo TOURISM

Undoubtedly, the most important monument in Kolbaskowo is a church from the 14th century. It is an Old Roman building on a rectangular plan frame. Wall elevations are made from granite squares of different sizes and arranged in a regular pattern. The eastern elevation has a characteristic-for-this-period arrangement of three acutely arched windows with the middle one slightly higher than the other two. The western elevation, on the other hand, is top-covered by a tower with a tented roof. The church has a wooden ceiling and a ceramic pitched roof. Moreover, the church owns: a Baroque altar from the 18th century, a Gothic matroneum supported by two pillars, and bells from 1600 and 1705. In 1984 the temple was renovated.  

GEOGRAPHY

Kolbaskowo is a small village in the Western-Pomeranian Voivodeship, in Police county. It is located 10 km from Szczecin and has a direct bus connection with this city (line no 81). There is also a border checkpoint in Kolbaskowo.  

HISTORY

First records about Kolbaskowo commune are from the end of the 12th century. The village itself, however, was for the first time recorded in 1243, when prince Barnim I the Good gave the Monastery of Cistercians the tithing from Kolbaskowo. In 1286 the monastery took charge of the village and most probably it was also the time when the building of a local church began. A significant part of this region belonged also to the House of Gryffins. On April 26, 1945 in Kurow (a village near Kolbaskowo), a German mayor of Szczecin surrendered the city. During WW2, near Siadlo Dolne (a village located 6 km from Kolbaskowo) there was a camp for Polish, Soviet and French prisoners of war.

HOTEL & CITY PAGES:

to top