This village situated right by Warsaw is visited predominantly for its prime location near the capital. Many residents of Nadarzyn commute to the city centre every day. One reason to go is a large shopping centre where you can find things at bargain prices. The vicinity of the E-8 transit route makes this location quite a convenient stop for people travelling to Warsaw, or across Poland.
Nadarzyn is often chosen as a place to live by Varsovians who‘ve had enough of the urban noise and traffic. Many detached houses and green neighbourhoods make this place an enjoyable residential area. It’s also popular as a holiday or weekend destination for many people from Warsaw
who have property there. Hotels in Nadarzyn usually offer lower prices and conference centres.
The most interesting places in the vicinity are the historical parks in Mlochow, Rozalin, Bieliny and Paszkow, the church in Nadarzyn with its wooden belfry and the palaces in Mlochow and Rozalin.
The Maximus Shopping Centre is a popular attraction in Nadarzyn, drawing people from Warsaw and its suburbs. It offers mostly clothes, shoes and similar products, providing infrastructure such as parking, cafés, restaurants, a bank and a post office. Don’t expect well-known labels, but the prices are a real advantage at this place.
Nadarzyn is situated about 20 kilometres southwest of Warsaw, near the E-8 international road connecting Warsaw and Katowice, which makes it an easily accessible spot. It’s surrounded by the nice wooded areas of Mlochowski Forest.
Nadarzyn is an old settlement whose traditions date back to the times of the Medieval Masovian Duchy. The first registered information about Nadarzyn comes from the beginning of the 15th Century. It was the property of the Nadarzynscy family, which lived in nearby Rusiec at the time. The locality received town laws from Masovian Duke Boleslaw IV in 1453. In the 16th Century, its first school and hospital were established.
During the Polish-Swedish Wars in the 17th Century, the old church in Nadarzyn was destroyed. A new one was built in 1661. The town changed owners several times, and eventually it fell into Prussian hands as a result of the Partitioning of Poland. In 1806, it was passed to Russian control. The same year, St. Clement’s Church was constructed in Nadarzyn, a project of Jakub Kubicki.
The largest Polish uprisings didn’t exclude Nadarzyn – it was a site of battle during the Kosciuszko Insurrection, the November Uprising of 1830 and the January Uprising of 1863. After the last national rebellion, Russian authorities deprived Nadarzyn of its town status, a common way to punish towns that supported insurgents.
After World War I and the accompanying damage to its buildings, Nadarzyn became a Polish town.