There are old centres of Chassidism, synagogues, cemeteries and other sites still reminiscent of a past, multicultural era. The tour focuses on Jewish history, but it includes several other very interesting attractions.
The tour program can be modified to suit your preferences.
Krakow – start of the expedition
- Tarnow – a beautiful historical town with the 4th biggest Jewish settlement in Galicia (after Krakow, Lwow and Stanislawow), the place of the gruesome Tarnow homicide in 1942
- Bobowa – centre of Chassidism, originating from “Bobover Rebbe”, with a famous synagogue
- Lesko – the biggest Jewish cemetery in Poland
Accommodation in Sanok.
Sanok – breakfast
- Lancut – arguably the most beautiful synagogue in Poland and the aristocratic residence, famous Lancut Palace
- Lezajsk – the ohel of famous tzaddik Elimelech
- optionally: Dabrowa Tarnowska – a typical shtetl town with a preserved synagogue
Arriving in the evening to Krakow.