Lubliniec is a city in the Silesian Voivodeship, located approximately 36 km from Czestochowa and 58 km from Katowice. Lubliniec is a typical Silesian city, i.e. a centre of chemical, textile, shoe and electromechanical industries. However, the city can boast of not only the well-developed industry, but also of numerous monuments, bike trails and great cultural and entertainment events. Everyone will find something for themselves here.

Lubliniec TOURISM

Lubliniec is an interesting listed city. While in here you ought to see especially: churches (of St. Nicklaus, St. Stanislaus Kostka and St. Anna among others), Lubliniec castle, two water towers, four bunkers from 1939 as well as the City Park with an amphitheatre and park buildings. Multiple attractions provide: the mini zoo in Lesne Ustronie, ski slope Gorki, go-kart track (one of the biggest in Poland), Dinopark and Aqapark.
Lubliniec is also famous for its events and festivals. The most interesting are: Lubliniec Days, Rock bands contest, Lubliniec Rally, Disco Dance and Dance Show Festival, Europe in Lubliniec, Lubliniec Encounters with Music as well as the Blue Fair.
Keen bikers will also find something for themselves in Lubliniec. The city offers many bike roads (no. 30, 27, 39, 26, 17, 431) and trails (Pope Trail, Jurassic Trail, St. Anna Trail, Jasna Gora Trail and Koszecin Trail).



Lubliniec is a city and seat of the county in the Silesian Voivodeship, situated by the Lublinica and Mala Panwia rivers and populated by approximately 24 thousand people. Lubliniec is the second biggest city (the first is Czestochowa) in the northern part of the Silesian Voivodeship.
Lubliniec is also an important junction. There are two country roads (11 and 46), the voivodeship road no. 906 and numerous local roads running through the city.



Lubliniec was founded probably in 1272 by Duke Wladyslaw Opolczyk and it obtained city rights in 1300.
As a result of three Silesian Wars, Lubliniec was in 1742 joined to Prussia. On 20 March 1921 the Upper Silesia plebiscite took place. In Lubliniec County 47% of all voters wanted the city to be joined to Poland and the rest 53% – to Germany. During the Third Silesian Uprising Lubliniec was taken by insurgents. Eventually, the city was joined to Poland.
Lubliniec was taken by Hitler’s troops already in the first days of the Second World War. During the war in the local mental hospital as many as 194 children (age 5 to 17) were murdered. In 1945 Lubliniec was rejoined to Poland.


to top
Ready for your next adventure?
Poland is waiting!
Subscribe to our newsletter
for the latest travel inspiration, tips, and offers.